Steel Buildings Features
Steel provides a number of great benefits to the consumer including:
- High strength steel results in stronger and safer structures. There can be less maintenance and slower aging of the structure.
- Fire safety as steel does not burn like wood structures can.
- No additional preservative chemicals are required over and above the galvanizing process to treat steel vs the typical chemical treatment of wood.
- Not vulnerable to termites and wood decay as it is not permeable to any type of fungi or organisms.
- Less chance of foundation problems - 5 times lighter than wood which results in less movement of the supports and structure.
- Less probability of damage in an earthquake and high winds. Stronger connections, rivetted and screwed versus nailed like wood.